Saturday, December 02, 2006

Crochet Motif

When I was at Border's the other day, I found a neat book put out by the American School of Needlework called 101 Thread Crochet Embellishments by Delsie Rhoades.


While there are lots of things to try, I decided on a fan. I used Perle Cotton 12 and could see after about 8 rows that it was just going to be way to large for any of my crazy quilting projects. So I stopped after 11 rows, added a row of single crochet, and called it completed. I haven't been crocheting for quite a long time, so was quite pleased with the results.

The chocolate wrapper is being mischievous again! "Naughty can be nice." I have to think in that!

1 comment:

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Very neat motif. Have you tried crochet with two strands of DMC? I've done a little tatting with DMC, and it is small and dainty.