Friday, November 03, 2006

Mom's Quilting Project


I am visiting my Mom and Dad in Michigan. Yesterday's drive should have been about 3 hours. Instead, accidents, construction, and heavy trafic in general made the drive around the bottom of Lake Michigan an exhausting 5 hours. But I am glad that I made the trip. Mom and I spent a nice day at our sewing machine's. This past summer, I bought Mom a bunch of cat fabrics. She is making a bedspread with each block having a different cat.. The cats are surrounded by fabrics that are full of memories, fabrics from her Mother's dresses and her sister's and from her own past wardrobe. The solid blue squares are quilted with a cat outline in running stitch. Blogger is not being very nice right now, so I will try to continue this later.

No comments: