Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Needle Tatting


Sorry to be delayed in posting this, but Blogger has been in a snit.

The day I left for the wedding a tatting book that I had ordered arrived. Since I had to have some sort of needlework to do and I couldn't pack my CQ stash, the tatting was thrown in my suitcase. Minitats 69 Petite Motifs by Patti Duff has a great selection of motifs that will be great for crazy quilting.

The 3 on the left are all made from the same pattern, but using different thread sizes, Cebelia 20 & 30 and Perle Cotton 12. The 3 on the right are all made using Perle Cotton 12. I want to try some of the patterns in Tatting 80. I think they would make a pretty bouquet of flowers.

The chocolate wrapper wisdom of the day is "Get your feet massaged." Oh doesn't that sound lovely!

6 comments:

May Britt said...

Oh...they are beautiful. I want so badly to learn how to do this. My mother was very clever on this, but now she do not remeber how to do this. She got alzheimer.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Wow, those are so pretty! They will look fantastic on your CQs.

JK said...

Oh I love these! I see Charlene has already seen them.. (she has been helping me try and figure out how to learn this lovely art form). I do okay, then I get all turned upside down.. I tried the shuttle, and well....we won't go into that..

Beautiful work hon, and would love to see some of these on your CQ work.

Julia said...

Just beautiful ...
and they would look lovely on cq .
I can only just needle tat.

Julia said...

Wow, those are lovely! They will look great on your CQs.

Gerry said...

Very nice tatting. What wonderful embellishments they will make.